SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER in MADRID, SPAIN (m/f)
We are Transparent, the global leader in data intelligence for the vacation rental industry, and we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer specialized in Node.js to join us at our offices in (or remotely from) Madrid and be a key member in the new stage of our product, since a new funding round of €2,3 MM just entered. We are looking for a talented, passionate, and pragmatic professional. Ideally, you are a confident communicator in English, and will be comfortable working in an agile environment.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design and build distributed, high availability systems built around big data tools.
· Implementation and improvements of data processing techniques needed to give meaningful representations of the gathered information.
· Optimization of existing resources to minimize computation times and system requirements.
· Design and maintain web scraping systems to integrate new platforms or improve the existing indexing mechanisms.
· Collaboration in front end tools to represent the output information or to allow the use of human intelligence tasks for data labelling.
CORE TECHNICAL SKILLS
· Proven experience developing large scale backend services in Node.js.
· You are comfortable working with Docker, and you're concerned about performance and optimization.
· You have a solid understanding of relational SQL, MongoDB, or other document-oriented databases.
· You are comfortable using git or svn and the command line and have worked in a collaborative environment with a team of developers. You feel ownership of the software you craft.
- Education: Technical degree.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience using Node.js.
- Languages: English (B2 or above, most interviews will be in English).
- Personal & Soft Skills: You are happy to help the other team members and share your knowledge. Also, and most important, you want to keep learning and be part of a collaborative, fun culture.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Career Plan: Responsibility from day one in a fast-growing startup. Career progression and possibility to attend tech events.
- Salary & Conditions: €35K – €45K base salary + Stock Options + Flexible working hours (8h daily, handled as you feel comfortable) + Possibility to work remotely from Madrid, or attend our offices when you feel comfortable.
- Location: Madrid, Spain – Offices are located in Sol.
- Travel involved: No.
- Recruitment process: Two interviews with members of the technical team, interview with the CTO and CEO, and a technical assessment.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Adolfo Fernández
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique. GT Linkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.