DEVOPS ENGINEER in SPAIN (Office in Madrid, or Remote from Spain) (m/f)
Our client is an innovative and rapidly growing international Edtech company, home of the world's leading open-source technology solution for educational and professional assessment, which enables a global community to create and deliver effective and engaging tests online in web-based application with an open and versatile architecture.
We are looking for at least 2 international Site Reliability Engineer SRE / DevOps Engineer to join their new tech hub based in Madrid. You will probably identify 2 different profiles within the Job Description (one in the Tasks & Responsibilities explanation, and the other one in the Requirements section). Everyone in between both, interested in both or one of them will be considered.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main goal: The DevOps Engineer will play an active role in the development of a new software platform, which will operate through the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and maintain the current infrastructure hosted on AWS. The ideal candidate will bring knowledge in designing, building and operating platforms to build a self-healing, hybrid SaaS product with excellent durability, performance, and availability. As a DevOps Engineer your responsibilities will include:
· Design, build, manage and observe cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP) to support high peak-load applications exceeding their SLA of 99.8% and ensuring the highest level of platform availability.
· Work within cross functional teams and contribute from the very start to ensure successful harmonious development and deployment of new code and infrastructure: Building, managing and configuring the server ecosystem by automating and deploying apps through tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet; providing valuable performance metrics to internal/external customers and management, as well as monitoring applications and cloud infrastructure performance using Prometheus, Grafana, and Stackdriver.
· Performance test & tune applications, identify the root cause of issues and potential solutions, working as part of a cross functional team to fix them.
· Work with highly scaled Databases and Compute Environments.
· Maintain hosted environments and keep them healthy and up-to-date.
· Build and maintain the tools to roll out updates and ensure the platform health.
· Perform maintenance work on live environments.
· Experience: Proven working experience of at least 4 years in designing and building Site Reliability Engineering solutions or in DevOps Engineering roles, with best practices and modern technologies. Hands-on experience with virtualization and containerization tools (Kubernetes) and with CI/CD systems. Solid scripting and programming skills (Golang would be a plus). Understanding the concept of Service Mesh (proficiency with Istio is a plus). Understanding the GitOps workflow / configuration management. Observability and Alerting practice.
· Technical Skills & Knowledge: Cloud experience is a must (ideally AWS Amazon Web Services, but GCP Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus). Experience with Agile methodologies & ITIL is a plus. Other valuable tools: Terraform. Chef (for Automation). GitLab CI/CD. AWS CodePipeline.
· Languages: Fluent in English.
· Personal & Soft Skills: Engineering mindset. Strong communication and mentoring skills, with enough empathy to ensure a good collaboration with others (leading knowledge and experience sharing across the team members). Proactivity to take on trust and tasks when blocked elsewhere.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
· About the company & Career Plan: Work in a fast-paced, exciting, and multicultural environment that values innovation, teamwork and culture. Be one of the first employees joining the new team and offices in Madrid (already 18 people and growing up to 70) to convert a standalone software into a world class Software as a Service (SaaS) offering, a modular, customizable, and interoperable open-source platform, working with international, high-performing teams and enjoying the leadership of different and top talented project leaders…
· Salary & Conditions: Competitive compensation to meet your expertise. Flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, and Remote work policy. Grow your career within the EdTech industry working for top projects and clients, in a company with advancement opportunities available around the globe, as well as access to conferences, training, certifications and company events.
· Location: The selected candidate will be hired in Madrid so even though Remote work is available, he/she needs to be based in Spain. Work from home policy.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Adolfo Fernández
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique. GT Linkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.