VIDEO ARCHIVIST in Madrid, SPAIN (m/f)
Our client is a leading, digital, internationally-oriented, multiplatform global media company related to Sports. We are looking for an Archivist for a 2 years-project (including high responsibilities, workload and international scope) to participate in two major events internationally-based organized by them. This position will be supported by a multicultural team and an Archive Manager based in Madrid, but with constant communication with the international Archive team.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main goal: We are looking to recruit a Video Archivist (for the Archive Content Management team) to take responsibility for archives and catalogues of the company, guaranteeing that original content produced is properly stored following priority rules.
- Archive, catalogue and document digital assets with MAM tools using appropriate terminology and standardized information.
- Support the daily operation, archiving in a timely and effective manner the original content produced or acquired following priority rules.
- Contribute to generate, maintain and update the vocabularies, taxonomies and structured metadata.
- Create and curate catalogues and collections of media.
- Research information on multiple platforms to support documentation efforts.
- Apply quality control and test procedures as instructed.
- Apply and ensure that all rules for access and distribution of video content are followed.
- Report technical or operational issues with software and systems used for daily operations.
- Ensure metadata enrichment process is properly handled through the chain from ingest point to deep archive and report any inconsistencies.
- Provide support to users of the MAM system in researching specific footage and elaborate documents to describe workflows or procedures to support MAM users.
- Provide activities reporting.
- Handle assigned Library workflows and activities.
- The Archivist will work closely with all content generators teams of the company to ensure valuable media is tagged as to be archived.
- High performance during the expected events.
- Experience: The successful applicant will need to have 2+ years experience and efective ability archiving documentation managing Media Asset Management (MAM) and information management tools, CMS and metadata combined with a general knowledge of Sports. Proven experience in high-demand working environments.
- Technical Skills & Knowledge: Experience in cataloguing and curating media assets. Experience in using and manipulating XML metadata files spreadsheets with functions, SQL… Knowledge of video file formats and television standards. General Sports knowledge. Experience in broadcast, TV and sport production is a plus.
- Languages: Ability to speak and write in excellent English.
- Personal & Soft Skills: Ability to research, analyse and give shape to information. Flexibility, ability to multitask, to prioritize a demanding workload, fast learning abilities and good organizational skills with strong care and accute attention to detail. Good communications skills.
- Education: Degree in Library and Information Science, Communications or equivalent, with excellent computer skills.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- About the company & Career Plan: The role is a great opportunity for an experienced, hands-on Video Archivist, willing to work in a full multicultural environment during the next 2 years.
- Salary & Conditions: 2-years contract. Based in Madrid. Should be flexible when it comes to hours. Attractive Salary conditions, taking expectations. To start as soon as possible.
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.gtlinkers.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Laura Ancinez
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique. GT Linkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.