Our client is a leading, digital-first, internationally-oriented, multiplatform global media company. We are looking to recruit a freelance Technical System Administration Media Coordinator to support their top-performing and international Technical Department (3 strong Systems & Workflows Experts) to fill a 6-months temporary role in Madrid.
Responsible for managing the media asset’s lifecycles, to ensure the consistency & quality of the metadata across the systems and workflows, and being a key role in the support and maintenance of the content creation workflows and best practices.
- OPERATIONAL COORDINATION: Super-user administration of the NLE Production Asset Management system, NRCS, Traffic-scheduling system and MAM system. Ensure that all systems are operated following the defined workflows and best practices.
- MEDIA & METADATA RESPONSIBILITIES: Overseeing the input of metadata across the Traffic, NRCS and MAM systems. Correcting metadata errors by other users if necessary to ensure its consistency and quality. Managing media deletion cycles across the MAM and PAM systems. Supporting the MCR operators in the managing of media across the shared storage to ensure that media is available in a timely manner when required by both internal and external clients.
- MAINTENANCE: Full control of the configuration and troubleshooting of all workflow related tasks. Carry out / Supervise development on workflow activities. Ensures the visibility of any malfunction at workflow level and acts as primarily expertise in setting alternative ways or workarounds. Deal with user requests, service tickets, incidents, modifications. Evaluate activities and task performance and enhances the related workflow when possible.
- TECHNICAL & NON-TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION: Externally with Service providers and internally with the Technical and Editorial departments.
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience working with systems administration (Traffic-scheduling, News Room Computer System, Media Asset Management, Production Asset Management, Content Management System) within broadcast / digital environments, with a full understanding of operational activities from planning to distribution as well as of broadcast standards (especially the compression file universe). Expertise in broadcast interdepartmental tasks-activities. Proficient in Excel and experience in Quality Assurance and with common Software Broadcast Systems (such as Multiuser Editing systems, Programmable integration platforms, Subtitling, Automatic Quality Control, Lineal/Nonlinear On-Air distribution, Transcoding, Graphics, Dashboarding & Monitoring workflows, HSM subsystems,…). Interest in Metadata and workflows. This is not a Marketing role, but a technical one.
- Technical skills & Knowledge: Experience with FFmpeg, Postman, GIT, SQL, XSL and XSD would be a plus.
- Languages: Fluent English is a must.
- Personal & Soft Skills: We are looking for a problem-solving, emphatic, detail-oriented, customer-focused, fast-learner, independent but team-player and proactive professional, always looking for best practices and efficiencies, able to find suitable workarounds. You need to be happy to handle daily routine tasks, to manage deadlines in stressful situations with a technical aptitude with software platforms and web technologies.
- About the company & Career Plan: This is an amazing opportunity to work in an international environment within a very strong team of Systems & Workflows, in a fast-paced and dynamic company.
- Salary & Conditions: Freelancer Contract (6+ months, from the 2nd of April to the 31st of October 2018).
- Location: Madrid, with occasional travel (10%).
- Recruitment Process: At least 2 Interviews (with Immediate Supervisor & HR).
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.gtlinkers.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Santiago Casanueva
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique with offices in Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona and Miami, specialized in Engineering & Technological environments: We recruit Technical Experts, Middle and Top Management professionals for both Business and Corporate areas. Thanks to our dynamic methodology, based on mutual trust with candidates and companies, our efficiency operating with an international scope, communication as the key to build long-term relationships and passion for our job, GT Linkers has proven records for running recruitment processes in more than 20 countries with candidates from all over the world. Join our Global Talent Network and follow us on our Social Media profiles, which is always updated with current vacancies: LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter.