Our client is a leading, digital, internationally-oriented, multiplatform global media company related to Sports. We are looking to recruit a Head of Software Integration with proven experience of working in multidisciplinary teams on large scale web application projects (ideally on video-platforms) to join their Digital, Technology & Operations area for a 2 years-project. Including high responsibilities, workload and international scope, the role is a great opportunity for an experience, hands-on Senior Solutions Architect, willing to work in a full international environment during the next 2 years.
- Responsible for managing the software architecture, software design, implementation and quality of the applications delivered to and by the company.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of a critical project for the company (control the execution and successful completion of the project), leading it as the Technical Project Manager: define scope, plan and follow project developments and deployments of applications, supervising external resources and vendors during project phase.
- Responsible to gather new services, products and feature requests functional requirements (including UX/UI design, documentation, …) from Digital Strategy Product Owners.
- Participate in the definition of technical specifications and improvements for new and existing applications and tools.
- Ensure vendors and third parties´ technical proposals, design and applications delivered are aligned with the company architecture (along with Quality Assurance team to build test plans and metrics).
- Liaise with Digital support and technical teams for knowledge transfers after releases and provide assistance during complex problems analysis and troubleshooting (DevOps).
- Review and audit proposed software architectures and software modules and rank them in terms of expected performance, scalability and adaptability to continuous development.
- We are looking for a Project Manager or Senior Solutions Architect with Full-stack Software development, integration and design background of at least 5-10 years of experience with distributed software architectures and front-end applications (-ideally Java or .Net based web frameworks-) for globally distributed Internet, e-commerce or video platforms (Successful experience delivering business critical projects in those industries).
- Experience in the design, integration & development of RESTful APIs (RESTful web services & API management), as well as in systems integration of different products from multiple vendors through extensive usage of API.
- Experience in the design of data models, on SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile software development methodologies. Agile or PM certifications desired.
- The ability to write advanced, world-class reusable code using Object-Oriented web frameworks, standard three-tiered web architecture, Memcached, SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) and No SQL (e.g. Cassandra) and other server-side technologies to create dynamic web applications with multiple data serialization, using modern modelling techniques such as Design Patterns, SOA and Microservices
- Able to write unit and functional tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality, comprehensive technical documentation…
- Soft-skills required: Resilience & flexibilty, as well as analytical, creative & strategic thinking. Strong planning, organizing and communication skills (Influence capability), ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a variety range of people.
- About the company & Career Plan: If you are looking for a Software Integration challenge, you are an Expert in Video-Platforms or E-commerce, you love Sports, you are able to work with international teams (English is the corporate and daily used language) in critical projects, if you really want to be challenged for the next 2 years, here you will have the chance to work in a fast-paced, international company with top professional. With no direct team under your charge, you would need to manage vendors and third parties, as well as coordinate other teams.
- Salary & Conditions: 2-years Contract. Attractive Salary conditions (60.000-70.000€), depending on the candidate profile. Occasional travel if required (up to 25%). Position is based in Madrid. To start as soon as possible.
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.gtlinkers.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Santiago Casanueva firstname.lastname@example.org
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique with offices in Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona and Miami, specialized in Engineering & Technological environments: We recruit Technical Experts, Middle and Top Management professionals for both Business and Corporate areas. Thanks to our dynamic methodology, based on mutual trust with candidates and companies, our efficiency operating with an international scope, communication as the key to build long-term relationships and passion for our job, GT Linkers has proven records for running recruitment processes in more than 20 countries with candidates from all over the world. Join our Global Talent Network and follow us on our Social Media profiles, which is always updated with current vacancies: LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter.