SENIOR BACK-END DEVELOPER (PHP) in MADRID, SPAIN (m/f)
Our client is an innovative and rapidly growing international edtech company, home of the world's leading open source technology solution for educational and professional assessment, which enables a global community to create and deliver effective and engaging tests online in web-based application with an open and versatile architecture. We are looking for a Senior Back-End Developer to strengthen the Development team with 40 Engineers (including 10 Senior Back End Developers), within a new tech hub based in Madrid (Madrid city-center).
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main goal: As a team player, you will be working with the latest technologies: PHP7, Golang, AWS, GCP, Kafka, Kubernetes, Symfony,… and be responsible for designing and developing a large-scale assessment solution, advising best practices or new technologies to serve new requirements.
· You will be responsible for the implementation of all required development and customizations of the platform using PHP, participating in the Scrum ceremonies and giving thoughtful code reviews as a Domain Expert.
· You will design standalone systems of moderate complexity, and/or major new features in existing systems, advising deployment patterns matching application needs and assessing correctness and utility of existing code and avoid blind copy-pasting.
· Increase the robustness and reliability of codebases, and providing time to polishing products and systems, determining data needs from product requirements
· Test new code thoroughly, both locally, and once deployed on QA environment (implementing systems that enable better testing).
· Refactoring existing code to make it more testable and match design patterns best practices.
· Estimating software changes request complexity.
· Experience: 4 years of experience and excellent knowledge of PHP (working on PHP7) as well as of SQL and NoSQL databases. Strong experience in one or multiple frameworks (Symfony, Slim, Laravel, …). Good knowledge with VCS (Git). Understanding of basic Agile and SCRUM concepts
· Technical Skills & Knowledge: Ability to identify and understands basic Cloud patterns. Knowledge of AWS/GCP is a plus.
· Languages: Fluent in English.
· Personal & Soft Skills: Strong communication and mentoring skills, with enough empathy to ensure a good collaboration with others (leading knowledge and experience sharing across the team members). Proactivity to take on trust and tasks when blocked elsewhere.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
· About the company & Career Plan: Work in a fast-paced, exciting environment that values innovation, teamwork and culture, within an international and multicultural working environment. Be one of the first employees joining the new team in Madrid, working with international teams and enjoying the leadership of different project leaders, while working on an open-source platform, a modular, customizable and interoperable by design solution, that empowers to break free from the confines of proprietary silos, eliminate expensive licensing fees, take full control of your testing resources, and enjoy enterprise-level support.
· Salary & Conditions: Benefit from competitive compensation to meet your expertise. Flexible work schedule (working from home one day a week). Grow your career within the EdTech industry working for top projects and clients, in a company with advancement opportunities available around the globe. The values and aspirations of the team are embedded in what the company does: A great learning experience should be accessible to everyone. Access to conferences, training, certifications, company and team events etc
· Location: Madrid (City Center). We are also looking for similar profiles to join the team in Luxembourg.
· Travel involved: After the initial On-Boarding program (2 weeks in the Head-Quarters in Luxembourg), you will be assigned to Development projects being based in Madrid.
· Recruitment Process: After GT Linkers evaluation, there will be an agile 3-steps internal process (including a HR Interview, an online technical test and a Technical Interview).
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Santiago Casanueva
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique. GT Linkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.