PROJECT COORDINATOR (DIGITAL DATA & ANALYTICS) in Madrid, SPAIN (m/f)
Our client is a leading, digital, internationally-oriented, multiplatform global media company related to Sports. We are looking for a Project Manager for the newly created Data & Analytics team (6 people) for a fixed-term project until the end of 2020. This role will be critical in the lead up to some major sporting events, as the team works up to a collective career highlight.
ABOUT THE TEAM
It is a young, dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists so far from 6 different countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business communications and project management. Amongst the data scientists in the team (50:50 male-female ratio), we highly value diversity of background and perspective. The team is responsible for a wide range of data-related activities:
- Using data to answer critical business questions, such as which content topics we should focus on, or how fans engage with our platforms and content.
- Devising metric frameworks for measuring business performance, and automating their production.
- Analyzing performance to advise teams on tactical improvements.
- Contributing to the strategy development process.
- Production models that deliver product features.
- Fan data architecture and integrations.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main goal: We are looking for Project Coordinator to join a fast-growing Digital Data & Analytics team based in Madrid. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media across the digital ecosystem comprising a TV Channel, websites and apps of major sporting events.
• Manage the team inbox of requests from other parts of the organization, coordinating rapid prioritization and assignment of team members as needed, in collaboration with management
• Work closely with project managers across the company to understand emerging risks
• Monitor project progress, highlighting deviations from plan, in order that management can to resolve or escalate
• Create and maintain documentation on team processes and other know-how
• Coordinate team logistics, including team member hiring, onboarding and offboarding, organization of key meetings and trips, liaison with other teams as required to ensure team needs are met
• Be the contact point for partners and suppliers in the practical aspects of their work with the team, such as information exchange, visits to our offices and payments
• Monitor supplier performance and manage or escalate issues
• Other projects as requested
- Experience: This position may suit someone who has existing experience as a Proect Manager / Project Coordinator / Team Member in Data, Analytics or other Digital projects and is looking for a stepping-stone into project management.
- Technical Skills & Knowledge: As the coordinator of our extensive work programme, first and foremost you must be a highly organized individual who naturally keeps track of many things at once. While most of the team has their heads down on their projects, and the management team are busy with the wider picture, often it will be you who spots the opportunities or emerging issues that we need to focus on next.
- Languages: Ability to speak and write in excellent English.
- Personal & Soft Skills: If you are the sort of person for whom organizing others comes naturally, we are really keen to hear from you. If you feel you have some of these skills, and still need to work on others please contact us anyway. We are looking for the right person for the job, rather than a specific skillset, and we actively support people to reach their learning goals. Needless to say, we value energy, enthusiasm and the ability to push through significant challenges along the way. A passion for the Sports is a huge plus.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- About the company & Career Plan: The role is a great opportunity for an experienced, hands-on Project Manager, willing to work in a full multicultural environment in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. Working language is English.
- Salary & Conditions: Fixed-term Contract until December 2020. Based in Madrid. Attractive Salary conditions, taking expectations. To start as soon as possible.
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.gtlinkers.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Santiago Casanueva
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique. GT Linkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.