Our client, headquartered in Barcelona and with international operations, is a highly-innovative pioneer in the development of omnichannel Digital Marketing solutions, Artificial Intelligence & Big Data Analytics founded in 2008 (more than 85 employees globally).
We search for a Big Data Developer (with at least 2-4 years working with Hadoop) to strengthen a top Engineering team (14 enthusiasthic colleagues), helping to evolve their Big Data platform.Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be working with Agile methodologies (Scrum) in different national and international projects (some innovative new ones, upgrades, maintenance, etc…) within Retail, Luxury, Tourism…
- Design and develop processes and algorithms to ingest and process huge amounts of data.
- Collaborate on architectural decisions driving the Big Data platform evolution and progresses, working closely with other engineers, data-scientists and product owners to define algorithms and software specifications.
- Interact with Business Intelligence Experts to research and implement best options to expose data.
- Prototype and test new Big Data technologies and ideas
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience: At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Apache Hadoop (Yarn), with previous experience as Back-End Java Developer (Java EE, Spring), and at least 1 year with one NoSQL database (such as HBase or Cassandra).
- Technical skills & Knowledge: Familiar with Agile methodologies (Kanban/Scrum). Storm, Kafka and/or Spark are a plus.
- Languages: English & Spanish.
- Personal & Soft Skills: Results and quality-orientation with good collaboration and problem-solving skills, as well as ability to work independently. Team-player and passionate about solving complex problems using the tools that Big Data offers.
- About the company & Career Plan: Great opportunity for professional and personal development in a fast-growth and pioneer organization with highly-professional and international people, constantly changing environment, challenging projects (through Agile methodologies) and the chance to balance your professional and personal life.
- Salary & Conditions: Attractive Salary (Basic + 10% Bonus), flexible working hours (only 37,5h a week) and professional development conditions (trainings and conferences), holydays (25 days), gym discounts, team building events, etc .
- Location: Barcelona, headquarters of the Group. Very close to the beach!!!
- Recruitment Process: After GT Linkers´ interview, there will be an initial conversation with our client´s CTO and a personal interview with both HR and some people of the team (CTO and others, running a technical test). To start immediately.
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.gtlinkers.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Santiago Casanueva
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique with offices in Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona and Miami, specialized in Engineering & Technological environments: We recruit Technical Experts, Middle and Top Management professionals for both Business and Corporate areas. Thanks to our dynamic methodology, based on mutual trust with candidates and companies, our efficiency operating with an international scope, communication as the key to build long-term relationships and passion for our job, GT Linkers has proven records for running recruitment processes in more than 20 countries with candidates from all over the world. Join our Global Talent Network and follow us on our Social Media profiles, which is always updated with current vacancies: LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter.