Our client is an innovative and rapidly growing international Edtech company, home of the world's leading open source technology solution for educational and professional assessment, which enables a global community to create and deliver effective and engaging tests online in web-based application with an open and versatile architecture. We are looking for a top-profile Front-End Tech Lead to join an existing agile team of 5 Front End Developers, to strengthen the Development team with 40 Engineers, within a new tech hub based in Madrid (City-Center). The role of this agile team is to develop the front-end part of the new application (with Svelte) where test-takers can take their assessments. We have a clear focus on accessibility so if this person has this knowledge, it's very valuable. This person's role would be to mentor more junior people and collaborate with other seniors to provide the best solution possible.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· You´ll be a key team member, developing and building the company’s core product so you´ll play an active role in the development of a new software platform, which will operate through the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), hosted on AWS.
· You will be implementing responsive designs considering browser compatibility, accessibility, and user experience in mind, participating in the Scrum ceremonies and giving thoughtful code reviews as a Domain Expert.
· You will also collaborate closely with your colleagues in design and product and bring delightful designs to life.
· You will provide useful design feedback and suggests feasible alternatives, advising deployment patterns matching application needs and estimating software changes requests complexity.
· Implement designs considering browser/mobile compatibility, semantics, accessibility and user experience.
· You will increase the robustness and reliability of codebases, and devoting time to polishing products and systems, refactoring existing code to make it more testable and match design patterns best practices.
· Testing new code thoroughly, both locally, and once deployed on QA environment (implementing systems that enable better testing).
· Technical Skills & Knowledge: Master the software development best practices and clean code principles. Takes security by design into account for new systems. Ability to debug and profile your code efficiently.
· Desired Skills: Knowledge of Svelte. Understanding of basic Agile and SCRUM concepts. Ability to identify and understands basic Cloud patterns and to demonstrate concepts proactively with prototypes.
· Languages: Fluent in English.
· Personal & Soft Skills: Excellent communication and mentoring skills, with enough empathy to ensure a good collaboration with others (leading knowledge, empathy and experience sharing across the team members) and to be a mentor for the team members. Proactivity to take on trust and tasks when blocked elsewhere.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
· About the company & Career Plan: Work in a fast-paced, exciting environment that values innovation, teamwork and culture, within an international and multicultural working environment. Be one of the first employees joining the new team in Madrid, working with international teams and enjoying the leadership of different project leaders, while working on an open-source platform, a modular, customizable and interoperable by design solution, that empowers to break free from the confines of proprietary silos, eliminate expensive licensing fees, take full control of your testing resources, and enjoy enterprise-level support.
· Salary & Conditions: Benefit from competitive compensation to meet your expertise (depending on candidate´s experience, starting from 45.000 up to 75.000€). Flexible work schedule (working from home one day a week). Grow your career within the EdTech industry working for top projects and clients, in a company with advancement opportunities available around the globe. The values and aspirations of the team are embedded in what the company does: A great learning experience should be accessible to everyone. Access to conferences, training, certifications, company and team events etc
· Location: Madrid (City Center). We are also looking for similar profiles to join the team in Luxembourg.
· Travel involved: After the initial On-Boarding program (2 weeks in the Head-Quarters in Luxembourg), you will be assigned to Development projects being based in Madrid.
· Recruitment Process: After GT Linkers evaluation, there will be an agile 3-steps internal process (including a HR Interview, an online technical test and a Technical Interview).
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Santiago Casanueva
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique. GT Linkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.