ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading, digital-first, internationally-oriented, multiplatform global media company and we are searching for a Venue Systems Coordinating Engineer to fill an initial 4-months temporary role (maternity leave coverage) in Madrid.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Venue systems Senior Engineering Manager, you will work within the Engineering Commissioning group (as part of Broadcast Systems Engineering department). You will be working on shifts during the events time (Shifts will cover 24h support in October).
- Undertake planning and research tasks during the planning stage of 2 global Sport events, supporting the operations and assisting in broadcast systems building and testing (setting up and configuring video, audio and other related broadcast systems).
- Broadcast Infrastructure Planning
- Follow the Engineering Commissioning plan. Keeping track of the progress and resolving issues arising in the process.
- Log the shift activity and report to the next shift of the pending issues.
- Technical Support:
- Support the Engineering Department and International Broadcast production facilities during events.
- Troubleshoot any technical issue related to Audio and Video broadcast systems and Intercom systems.
- Experience: Experience in Live Sports broadcasting technical support and troubleshooting, as well in commissioning Audio and Video broadcast systems. Interpersonal skills to deal with customers.
- Technical skills & Knowledge: Knowledge of Audio and Video baseband broadcast systems and standards including processing, routing, generation and monitoring equipment. Knowledge of Intercom systems. Understanding of signal flows and operation workflows. Information technology skills. Understanding of Fiber technology, terminal equipment, video compression standards and IPTV is an added value.
- Education: High standard of academic background with qualification in Telecommunications Engineering (specialized in Audio and Video Broadcast Systems).
- Languages: Proficiency level of spoken and writing English.
- Personal & Soft Skills: Critical-thinking, problem-solving and communication skills. Persuasiveness, team-work and adaptability, as well as stress tolerance under pressure in live broadcast environments. Able to deal with conflict management with customers.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- About the company & Career Plan: This is an amazing opportunity to work in an international environment within a very strong team, in a fast-paced and dynamic company and focused on Live Sports broadcasting.
- Salary & Conditions: Temporary Contract (4+ months, from May/June 2018 to October -maternity leave-). Attractive Salary conditions (around 30.000-40.000€ Annual Gross Salary, depending on candidate´s experience).
- Location: Madrid. No remotely possibilities.
- Recruitment Process: At least 2 Interviews (with Immediate Supervisor & HR).
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.gtlinkers.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Sara González
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique with offices in Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona and Miami, specialized in Engineering & Technological environments: We recruit Technical Experts, Middle and Top Management professionals for both Business and Corporate areas. Thanks to our dynamic methodology, based on mutual trust with candidates and companies, our efficiency operating with an international scope, communication as the key to build long-term relationships and passion for our job, GT Linkers has proven records for running recruitment processes in more than 20 countries with candidates from all over the world. Join our Global Talent Network and follow us on our Social Media profiles, which is always updated with current vacancies: LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter.