BIG DATA ENGINEER (ARCHITECTURE) in MADRID, SPAIN (m/f)
Leading multinational company in the consultancy industry (Top Employer 2019) is looking for a high-potential, dynamic and motivated Big Data Engineer, eager to join their Data & Analytics department in their offices in Central Madrid. The person will have an active role creating and developing improvements on the Big Data applications, as well as implementing Big Data architectures, within a team focused on large scale Big Data, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning & AI projects, working for key accounts in several industries: Banking, Energy, Telecommunications, Utilities, etc.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main goal: Design, develop, deliver and document plans to enhance data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of Big Data architectures & applications, business initiatives and roadmaps, within a team that designs and develops innovative systems of transformation, integration and contextualization of data
- Build the architecture and basic infrastructure for Big Data applications
- Define an intuitive site with an easy-understanding code, reusable and easy to maintain.
- Help with the definition of the appropriate engineering processes for the development.
- Understand the product needs and reach optimal technical solutions to fulfill them.
The idea is to find a Big Data Technical Specialist, able and willing to develop a career in Big Data Architecture, to become a key member of the team and, with the time and training:
- Lead the definition of the Big Data solutions’ architecture to cover the client needs
- Design and develop structures to automate tasks flows to support the analysis of Data.
- Identify possible problems and work with engineering teams, internal or external, to find functional and
- efficient solutions for large & complex information systems.
- Evaluate the implementations and provide information on possible improvements.
- Carry out technical assessments when establishing and executing development plans.
- Experience: At least 3 years of solid experience in Big Data solutions/applications development within complex and highly-disruptive and challenging projects, having some exposure to Big Data architecture projects and solution design, identifying ideal platforms to be implemented, suggesting improvements to data lakes problems in challenging projects. Used to good development practices based on clean code, testing and code review. We are looking for someone who is also familiar with working in agile development teams.
- Technical Skills & Knowledge (Good to have): Strong Hadoop or Spark (Core & Spark Streaming) frameworks experience and its related tools. Knowledge on Python, R, Scala, Java or related languages. Used to work with Azure, AWS, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Mapr….ecosystems, amongst other Big Data environments. Deep understanding on other topics such as Impala, Hue, Oozie, Git, Kafka Systems, Spring Batch, Hive, HBase, Logstash, Kibana, Flume, HDP, Puppet, Jenkins, Sonar, JUnit, Docker, Docker Compose, ETL tools… Experience working with Cassandra, Elasticsearch, SQL & NoSQL databases (MongoDB). Computer Engineer or related degrees.
- Languages: Fluent in Spanish & English.
- Personal & Soft Skills: A passionate and efficient fast learner who is flexible, open-minded and results-oriented. Motivated person who excels in agile startup environments and will be committed to the business growth through innovative initiatives.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- About the company & Career Plan: A growing practice in a leading company to define your own career path (either technical or consulting) and with lots of room for development, due to the strong, non-top growth of the Big Data, Analytics & AI area. You will be part of a solid team to learn and to share knowledge, facing complex technical challenges to develop solutions/ apps of large corporations in different industries and internally (business related). Working with local and international teams, you can have a key role within a top-performance team that seeks innovation and quality in service. Furthermore, you will have the chance to create and provide with ideas, as they develop R+D initiatives on a space they offer to develop solutions.
- Salary & Conditions: Basic + Variable + Benefits.
- Location: Madrid, SPAIN.
- Start date: As soon as possible, depending on candidate´s availability.
- Recruitment Process: Agile 2-3 steps process, including technical challenges and personal interviews.
MOTIVATED? APPLY NOW! Visit our website www.gtlinkers.com and apply to this opportunity through “Jobs“.
For further information regarding this position, please contact with GT Linkers team, concretely with: Santiago Casanueva
GT Linkers is an international head-hunting and recruitment boutique. GT Linkers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.